The Library can digitize and send you a journal article, a book chapter or part of a document, according to the fair dealing provisions of the Copyright Act, which allows 15% to 20% of a document to be digitized.
Use the Sofia search tool to make a scan request.
Once you have located the document, click on the Reserve/Request button in the Check Availability section. If necessary, log in.
Select the recovery option Scan Request and enter the information about the section to be scanned (Chapter 2, Page 20-30, etc.).
1. I acknowledge that the digital document loaned through the Bibliothèque Louise-Lalonde-Lamarre de Polytechnique, hereinafter referred to as the "Document", is protected by the Copyright Act (R.S.C.). (1985), c. C-42) and I undertake to respect the obligations arising therefrom, in particular to :
a) Not to reproduce more than one (1) hard copy of the Document ;
b)Not to communicate the Document to any other person;
2. I acknowledge that the Document will be available for consultation for a maximum period of 5 business days after the date of its first use.
3. I agree to use the Document and, if applicable, its paper reproduction (one copy permitted) solely for the purposes of research or private study and acknowledge that any other use may require the authorization of the copyright owner.
4. I acknowledge that civil and criminal remedies are available in the event of copyright infringement.
5. I agree to hold Polytechnique, its officers, directors, executives, agents, employees and/or assigns, harmless from and against any recourse, claim, damage, prejudice or loss resulting from my use of the Document that is not in conformity with the present document, the Copyright Act or any other applicable legislation.