Department of Computer Engineering and Software Engineering
Artificial intelligence Robotics Intelligent systems applications Robotic control and automation Systems, man and cybernetics Space science Computer architecture and design Software engineering Computer systems software Software and development Computer systems organization Electrical and electronic engineering
Research interests and affiliations
My research focuses on two domains: high-performance data systems for aerospace, and design methodologies for adaptive and self-optimizing systems. For the former I work on a probabilistic analysis approach that tries to minimize the probability of undesired timing issues. For the latter I concentrate on the definition and application of real-time metaheuristics based on decision theory.
- 2600 ROBOTICS
- 2601 Robotic control and automation
- 2604 Intelligent systems applications
- 2606 Systems, man and cybernetics
- 2700 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- 2702 Computer systems organization
- 2710 Information systems design
- 2720 Computer systems software
- 2800 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (Computer Vision, use 2603)
- 3250 SPACE SCIENCE
- 2500 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
Giovanni Beltrame received holds an M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the University of Illinois, Chicago (2001). He also received a Laurea degree in computer engineering from Politecnico di Milano, Italy in 2002, an M.S. degree in information technology from CEFRIEL, Milan in 2002, and a Ph.D. degree in computer engineering from Politecnico di Milano in 2006. Prior to his appointment as an Assistant Professor at Polytechnique Montreal, he worked as an engineer at the European Space Agency until 2009. His research interests include the modeling and design of embedded systems, artificial intelligence, and robotics.
INF1600 - Computer Architecture
AER8300 - Spacecraft Computer Engineering
Supervision at Polytechnique
Cao, Yanjun. Multi-Robot Collaborative Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM).
Hafnaoui, Imane. Hardware-Aware Code Generation Optimization of Multi-DSL Systems .
Moussa, Majda. Un système de recommendation pour les utilisateurs des applications Android.
Varadharajan, Vivek Shankar. Continuous Software Integration for Robotic Swarms.
Master (thesis) (1)
Meyer, Lucas. Swarm Connectivity Optimization.
Ph.D. Thesis (5)
- Ayari, R. (2018). Optimization and mining methods for effective real-time embedded systems (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/3016/
- Chen, C. (2017). Static Probabilistic Timing Analysis for Real-Time Embedded Systems in Presence of Faults (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2686/
- Panerati, J. (2017). Adaptive computing systems for aerospace (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2543/
- Elmahi, O. (2016). Verification of the Performance Properties of Embedded Streaming Applications via Constraint-Based Scheduling (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2239/
- Fourmigue, A. (2014). Méthodes de calcul numérique pour la simulation thermique des circuits intégrés (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/1580/
Master's Thesis (3)
- Aouina, A. (2017). Modélisation et simulation thermique des circuits intégrés tridimensionnels (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2711/
- Anwar, H. (2016). A Probabilistically Analyzable Cache to Estimate Timing Bounds (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2170/
- Riahi, S. (2014). Système de mesure de la température d'un processeur en temps réel par thermographie infrarouge (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/1613