Research areas description
- Mathematical methods in support of decision making
- Applications development in large scale technological, commercial and economic systems
- Commercial software for decision support
Areas of activity
- Convex and non convex mathematical programming. Combinatorial optimization, Combinatorics, Graph theory. Game theory, Analysis of dynamic systems and Optimal control. Mathematical modeling, Model identification and State estimation. Statistics, Data mining, Probability and stochastic processes, Artificial intelligence. Simulation. Linear Algebra and Numerical Analysis.
- Transportation systems. Telecommunication systems. Logistics, Manufacturing systems, Distribution systems, marketing. Energy systems and Environment. Health systems. Finance and Econometrics.
- Software for scheduling, pricing and resource management.
- Desaulniers, Guy | Director
- Aloise, Daniel | Member
- Anjos, Miguel F. | Member
- Audet, Charles | Member
- Baptiste, Pierre | Member
- El Hallaoui, Issmaïl | Member
- Frigon, Jean-François | Member
- Gamache, Michel | Member
- Hertz, Alain | Member
- Le Digabel, Sébastien | Member
- Le Ny, Jérôme | Member
- Lodi, Andrea | Member
- Malhamé, Roland P | Member
- Orban, Dominique | Member
- Sanso, Brunilde | Member
- Savard, Gilles | Member
- Soumis, François | Member
- Riopel, Diane | Associate member
The GERAD has cutting-edge computer equipment, a library and also many rooms which enhance studies and research.
External sources of funding
The GERAD Research Center received more than $5 million in research grant, 64% coming from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), 13% from the Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FQRNT), 9% from other sources, 6% from various university establishments, 6% from sponsors and contracts, and 2% from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). The center also got more than $600,000 in infrastructure grants from the FQRNT, various university establishments and other sources.