Phone: (514) 340-4711 Ext. 4522 Fax: (514) 340-3218
Research areas description
The research activities currently underway on the test transfer loops are the study of:
- the effect of heat flux on the frictional pressure drop under single and two phase flow conditions;
- the axial pressure and void fraction distributions in heated tubes oriented vertically or horizontally;
- the critical heat flux (CHF) in vertical and horizontal tubes.
- CHF in a test section having a geometry similar to a segment of nuclear fuel bundle;
- the effect of choking flow on CHF;
- the axial and angular temperature distributions on the surface of tested tubes oriented vertically or horizontally;
- the flow mixing mechanisms in interconnected subchannels with heat addition.
Professors / researchers (1)
- Teyssedou, Alberto | Responsible