An effective collaborator for all your projects in biomedical nanotechnology: from manufacturing to the characterization of your biomaterials/nano-objects.
Araceli Garcia, PhD.
Specialist in the development of nanoformulations based on biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles, nanogels, nanoemulsions, liposomes, hybrid nanoparticles, metal nanoparticles and solid lipid nanoparticles.
Benoit Liberelle, PhD.
Expert in the immobilization of proteins and peptides on polymers and evaluation of kinetics and thermodynamic parameters of biological systems.
- Manufacturing of medicated, multifunctional nanoparticles for diagnostic or therapeutic use.
- Physico-chemical characterization of bioactive molecules incorporated in biological matrices, development and validation of bioanalytical methods for the quantification of peptides and active molecules in biological fluids using LC/MS/MS and HPLC/UV/fluo.
- Studies of kinetics of degradation and release of active molecules in biological fluids.
- Functionalization of surfaces and gels.
- Development of customized biophysical tests.
- Development of multifunctional biomaterials and evaluation of their bioperformances.
- Project management according to GLP standards and transfer support to clinic or industry.
- Bibliographic research and the definition of experimental protocols for functionalization of surfaces, gels and nanoparticles.
- The development and validation of analytical methods in accordance with the recommendations of government agencies.
- The definition of analytical experimental protocols and their implementation in order to characterize the physico-chemical properties of the materials used (polymers, proteins) and functionalized surfaces and gels.
- The technical supervision and training of Master's, PhD students and research staff in carrying out these tasks and in analyzing their results.
- Participation in the writing of publications, reports, and requests for project-related research funds applications.
Techniques / equipment
|Surface Force Apparatus
Surface Plasmon Resonance
Protein Purification System
Karl Fischer Titration
Nanoparticules Fabrication (e.g. Proteins, Liposomes, Nanoemulsions, Nanogels)
|Isothermal Titration Microcalorimetry
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectr.
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbant Assay
Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectr.
Differential Scanning Calorimetry
Particulate Matter Analysis
Xavier Banquy, Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, Université de Montréal; Chariholder of the Canada Research Chair in Bio-inspired Materials (CIHR); Website
Gregory De Crescenzo, Full Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal; Chairholder of the Canada Research Chair in Protein-Enhanced Biomaterials
1.All the services described above are offered free of charge.
2.The researcher must assume the payment of all consumables as well as the salary of his students or research staff that he wishes to involve in the project.
Collaborative work commitment
1.Those involved can be required to write project-related documents such as: interim and final reports or standard operating procedures.
2.The platform team agrees to validate these writings.