Research interests and affiliations
Microgrid and smart grid control, Control Systems, Energy Systems, Renewable Energy Systems
- 2500 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
Houshang Karimi received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, in 1994 and 2000, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, in 2007, all in electrical engineering.
He was a Visiting Researcher and a postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, from 2001 to 2003 and from 2007 to 2008, respectively. He was with the Department of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, from 2009 to 2012. From June 2012 to January 2013, he was a Visiting Researcher in the ePower lab of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada. He joined the Département de Génie Électrique, École Polytechnique de Montréal, QC, Canada, in 2013, where he is currently an Associate Professor. His research interests include control systems, distributed generations, and microgrid control.
Supervision at Polytechnique
Ph.D. Thesis (2)
- Ghafouri, M. (2018). Subsynchronous resonance in DFIG-based wind farms (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/3025/
- Seyedi, S.Y. (2017). Synchrophasor Data Analytics for Control and Protection Applications in Smart Grids (Ph.D. Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2598/
Master's Thesis (3)
- Diboune, F. (2018). Élaboration et modélisation de Benchmarks de réseaux électriques pour documentation, études transitoires et études géomagnétiques (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/3112/
- Shabani, Y. (2018). Analyse de la qualité de l'onde d'une unité de production décentralisée raccordée au réseau déséquilibré (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/3249/
- Pourramezan, R. (2017). Design and Implementation of a Centralized Disturbance Detection System for Smart Microgrids (Master's Thesis, École Polytechnique de Montréal). Retrieved from https://publications.polymtl.ca/2589/