Here are the steps to follow to come for a research internship at Polytechnique :
- Contact one or more Polytechnique professors working in the area of research of your interest. Professors are in charge of recruiting and selecting their research interns.
- Provide the professor the following information:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Most recent academic transcript;
- Motivation letter including your research interests;
- Starting and ending dates of your internship;
- Proof of a full-time enrollment from your home institution (the letter must confirm that you are currently enrolled in a credited study program and will continue to be enrolled upon your return);
- Valid e-mail address.
- If the answer is positive, the professor will ask you to fill in a specification sheet (« fiche signalétique »)
If your home institution requires the signature of a placement agreement, you must send it to your supervisor at this stage.
Once completed, the host department will send you an official invitation letter and, depending on your profile, other documents required by CIC.
DO NOT PURCHASE AIRFARE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR AUTHORIZATION LETTER FROM IMMIGRATION, REFUGEES AND CITIZENSHIP CANADA (IRCC).