Types of publication
Types of documents indexed in the Répertoire des publications scientifiques et techniques are including magazine articles, conference papers, books and book chapters, technical reports and patents. All theses and dissertations accepted by the school have also been indexed.
Processing of information
Records downloaded from bibliographic databases are imported into the EndNote software. Information processing involves elimination of duplicate entries, standardizing content in some fields and identifying the various Polytechnique authors. As well, we add the names of the departments in which they worked at the time of publication. Also included are the Web address of the page set aside for Polytechnique authors on the BRCDT site. Lastly, the Web version of the directory and the authors’ personalized publications lists are
is produced from the EndNote version.
Throughout the year, publication records from Polytechnique’s professors and researchers are retrieved from scientific databases (Web of Science, Compendex and Inspec). These records are all processed as mentioned above.
At each update:
- the records that are found are added to the Répertoire des publications
- the personalized bibliographies found in the Répertoire des expertises are updated
- the web version of the Répertoire des publications is generated
Update #1 (available in May or June)
- Professors and researchers are solicited for addition and correction to the records from the previous year
Update #2 (available in July or August)
Update #3 (available in September)
- Dissertations and thesis from the previous year are added
Update #4 (available in December)We are currently working to improve the the processes involved with the Répertoire des publications.