Polytechnique Montréal invites top-tier researchers who currently work and reside outside Canada to send it expressions of interest in applying for the Canada 150 Research Chairs Program. Please follow that link for further information on the Program, its requirements and the application procedure. It should be noted that the deadlines are very short.
Polytechnique Montréal is seeking researchers’ applications leading to a high-level career in the following fields:
- Aerospace and transportation
- Multimedia, data processing and telecommunications
- Life science and engineering
- Advanced materials and nanotechnologies
- Systems science and engineering
- Energy, environment and sustainable development
Successful candidates will be appointed to tenure-track positions as regular professors in a department. Salaries and benefits will be determined according to the standards of the collective agreement in effect. The positions are scheduled to start by December 2018.
The persons sought through this call for applications are exceptional researchers with major accomplishments demonstrated, for example, by high-impact publications, ability to obtain research funding, teaching excellence, high-level prizes and awards, etc. The Program is intended for academic or industrial scientists who live and work outside Canada.
Candidates for a Canada 150 Research Chair at Polytechnique Montréal are asked to submit a complete file including:
- A motivation letter;
- A detailed résumé;
- A description of their expertise;
- A description of their teaching and training experience, if applicable;
- A description of their current and proposed (future) research objectives and program;
- A 100 word summary written in lay language, describing the uniqueness and importance of the proposed research program;
- The names and contact information of eight (8) potential reviewers who do not have a conflict of interest in relation to the candidate, in accordance with the Program’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this call for applications, please contact the Assistant Director – Research, Innovation and International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (514) 340-3275.