Research areas description
The Group specializes in the numerical simulation of fluid flows with various industrial applications:
- hydraulic turbines - 3D viscous turbulent flows;
- external aerodynamics - 2D viscous flows for high-lift, multi-element airfoils;
- high-power gas-driven circuit breaker;
- 2D unsteady compressible-flow electric arc interactions;
- reacting flows in industrial natural-gas burners and pollutant prediction;
- flow visualization;
- grid generation.
- Camarero, Ricardo | Responsible
- Garon, André | Member
- Guibault, François | Member
- Ozell, Benoît | Member
- Pelletier, Dominique | Member
- Reggio, Marcelo | Member
- Trépanier, Jean-Yves | Member
Workstation based network computing facility with appropriate enabling CFD tools for grid generation, visualization and solutions of large scale systems of equations.
External sources of funding
NSERC, FQRNT, Hydro-Québec, GEC-Alsthom, GE Canada, Centre for Natural Gas Technolgies, Canadair, CANMET, Toshiba, BMA.