Your CAQ must cover your entire semester right from day one. The average application processing time is 20 working days (at least four weeks), to which you need to add mailing times. Plan accordingly!
|ATTENTION: if you have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), you generally need a CAQ as well, except in the cases described on the last point of the following page.|
You can renew your CAQ online using the electronic application form.
We strongly recommend completing your application online.
Applying online allows you to:
- access a personalized checklist indicating the documents to be included and mailed to complete your application;
- track the status of your application online;
- receive notification when a new message has been added to your file;
- immediately download any correspondence pertaining to your file.
|IMPORTANT: Remember the USERNAME and PASSWORD that you chose when you completed your application, since you’ll need whenever you want to access your file.|
To fill in the online application, you need an e-mail address and a valid VISA or MasterCard (yours or someone else’s) to pay for the processing fee.
APPLICATION FORM — PAPER VERSION
Complete the application forms on your computer, sign and print them and send them through registered mail with the required documents.
Whether you fill out an online application or its paper version, you will need to send the following documents to the MIDI via registered mail
- The CAQ application form;
- A passport-sized photo;
- A legible photocopy of the identity pages of your passport containing your personal information, photo and the passport expiry date;
- A photocopy of your most recent CAQ and study permit;
- An original of a confirmation of enrolment at École Polytechnique specifying your status as a full- or part-time student (issued by the Registrar's office, to be obtained in person at the counter);
- An original of a transcript for the entire validity period of the preceding CAQ (issued by the Registrar's office, to be obtained in person at the counter). If you have studied in more than one institution during the validity of your preceding CAQ, also add an original transcript from the other institution(s).
- An original or photocopy of proof of financial capacity applicable to your situation (Section 20 of your CAQ form); details on the acceptable documents and required amounts are available at the following page: Financial capacity. Note that financial proof must be recent (dating back three months or less).
- Proof of payment for the processing fees.
- Other documents, according to your situation (ex: letter of admission to a new program, if you change cycles and must therefore ask for a new CAQ for studies)
Important: If during your program, you have not been studying full-time when required to (Fall and Winter terms) or have failed several classes, write a letter (signed and dated) explaining the situation. Depending on circumstances, you might have to provide medical proofs, proofs of absence from Canada (ex: plane tickets) or other documents. In such cases, we advise you to take an apointment with us. The absence of proofs and satisfactory explanations can lead to the issuance of an "intent of refusal" letter by the MIDI and generate further processing delays, and even lead to a CAQ refusal.