Your CAQ must cover your entire semester right from day one. The average application processing time is 20 working days (at least four weeks), to which you need to add mailing times. Plan accordingly!
|ATTENTION: if you have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), you generally need a CAQ as well. Please contact us for more information.|
Submit your CAQ renewal application to the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (MIDI) either in person or by mail, at the following address:
Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (MIDI)
Direction de l'immigration économique – Québec
Sections Étudiants étrangers et Travailleurs temporaires
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
Opening hours : 8:30am to 4:30pm
Telephone : 514-864-9191
You can now renew CAQ online using the electronic application form.
We strongly recommend completing your application online.
Applying online allows you to:
- access a personalized checklist indicating the documents to be included and mailed to complete your application;
- track the status of your application online;
- receive notification when a new message has been added to your file;
- immediately download any correspondence pertaining to your file.
|IMPORTANT: Remember the USERNAME and PASSWORD that you chose when you completed your application, since you’ll need whenever you want to access your file.|
To fill in the online application, you need an e-mail address and a valid VISA or MasterCard (yours or someone else’s) to pay for the processing fee.
APPLICATION FORM — PAPER VERSION
Complete the application form and send it with the documents required.
Your application must include the following documents:
- The CAQ application form;
- A passport-sized photo;
- A legible photocopy of the identity pages of your passport containing your personal information, photo and the passport expiry date;
- A photocopy of your most recent CAQ and study permit;
- An original of a confirmation of enrolment at École Polytechnique specifying your status as a full- or part-time student (issued by the Registrar's office, to be obtained in person at the counter);
- An original of a transcript for the entire validity period of the preceding CAQ (issued by the Registrar's office, to be obtained in person at the counter). If you have studied in more than one institution during the validity of your preceding CAQ, also add an original transcript from the other institution(s).
- An original or photocopy of proof of financial capacity applicable to your situation (Section 20 of your CAQ form); details on the acceptable documents and required amounts are available at the following page: Financial capacity. Note that financial proof must be recent (dating back three months or less).
- Proof of payment for the processing fees.
Important: If during your program, you have not been studying full-time when required to (Fall and Winter terms) or have failed several classes, write a letter (signed and dated) explaining the situation. Depending on circumstances, you might have to provide medical proofs, proofs of absence from Canada (ex: plane tickets) or other documents. In such cases, we advise you to take an apointment with us. The absence of proofs and satisfactory explanations can lead to the issuance of an "intent of refusal" letter by the MIDI and generate further processing delays, and even lead to a CAQ refusal.