How much do graduate studies cost? Polytechnique is one of North America’s least expensive universities at the doctoral level. The cost of studies varies according to several factors, including the number of courses taken per semester and your student status.
FIND OUT MORE: www.polymtl.ca/registrariat/en/frais
EXEMPTION FOR DIFFERENTIAL TUITION FEES
In keeping with the regulations in effect in Québec, all international students must pay differential tuition fees, which are higher than tuition fees for Québec students. However, some students are exempt from these fees.
Exemption bursary program at Polytechnique Montréal
Polytechnique provides exemption bursaries to cover the differential tuition fees for international graduate students. The program aims to attract the best students to Polytechnique and better support them in succeeding with their studies. To benefit from the exemption, they must sign up for each semester by the deadline set out in the calendar.
- Doctorate: ALL students enrolled in a doctoral program at Polytechnique Montréal are exempted from differential tuition fees.*
- Research-based master’s: a limited number of exemptions for master’s students are available for international students.
* In the case of Brazilian bursary recipients through the Science Without Borders program, the amount relative to the exemption is part of the bursary awarded to the student.
FIND OUT MORE: www.polymtl.ca/registrariat/en/exemption
Differential tuition fee exemptions - Bilateral between Quebec and other governments
Each year, the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport du Québec (MELS) allocates a certain number of exemptions from differential tuition fees for international students to the vocational and technical training centres and universities. Contact the institution of your choice to find out how to apply for one of these exemptions.
- All french students upon a french citizen passport, by virtue of the quebec-france accord.
- Students benefiting from an agreement between the Québec government and their country of citizenship or an international organization with regard to tuition fees.
- Refugees, protected persons, or holders of a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC).
- The spouses and children of certain temporary workers.
- Students holding diplomatic status, their spouses and their children.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Exemption from Differential Tuition Fees (in French Only)