Print / Scan / Copy
The printer is located on the first floor of the library, in front of room L-7613.
All computer stations are linked to a printer. The cost of printing is 8 cents per page and 12 cents for double-sided printing.
Scanners are located near the windows in front of the entrance of the library. You may transfer your files on CD, USB key or by email. Scanners are equipped with document feeders for double-sided scanning.
Photocopier is located in front of the loan desk. It costs 7 cents to make a photocopy in the library with the Polytechnique copy card, 10 cents if you use coins.
Any reproduction of a work protected by copyright is regulated by either :
- the Copyright Act,
- the copyright holder, or
- an agreement between Polytechnique and the Société québécoise de la gestion collective des droits de reproduction (COPIBEC).
For more information, consult the agreement on the reproduction of literary works in Québec universities (COPIBEC and BCI).
Lawful use of electronic resources
Electronic databases, books and journals are available to Polytechnique professors, students and employees; their reproduction is regulated by agreements between the Library and their providers. Users must comply with the Copyright Act or the rules set out in the agreements. For more information, consult the Elsevier guide "Ways to Use Journal Articles Published by Elsevier: A Practical Guide."
Failure to comply with the Copyright Act or the abovementioned agreements may lead to a loss of user privileges. Under certain circumstances, copyright infringement may entail the suspension or termination of access for all Polytechnique users.
Below is an overview of both the authorized and unauthorized use of electronic resources :
In general, users may:
- Search databases and e-document collections, display search results and print them out for the purposes of private study or research
- Download and save (on local media - hard drives, CDs, etc.) a reasonable number of bibliographic references, individual articles, short excerpts from books for the purposes of private study or research
It is strictly forbidden to provide access to Library resources to users who are not Polytechnique professors, students or employees.
In general, it is also forbidden to:
- Systematically or substantially download or reproduce database, journal or e-book content (e.g. downloading a complete journal issue)
- Create derivative products like local document databases
- Redistribute downloaded or printed text to other users